Thursday, January 19, 2012

The treasures of Turkey Mountain

Do you know what I love about Turkey Mountain?  Just when you think you've seen all there is too see, explored every trail and animal path, the "mountain" reveals something new. On Christmas Eve I took a wrong turn off the Snake Trail and found myself facing a beautiful desolate pond. How could I have missed this before, just yards away from the trail?

Turkey Mountain is bedecked with small ponds, but in my humble opinion this one is the crown jewel. Its hard to describe why, exactly. It feels different there, like you've traveled to someplace far away from West Tulsa and Route 75. Anyway, it is my new favorite place; a sanctuary of sorts that I always find time to visit when running the trails.








No comments:

Post a Comment