Monday, September 17, 2012

Refined goals

Flatrock is less than two weeks away. The hours and miles in the oven we call summer are behind me. Cooler weather is here and I'm ready to cash in. This is my "competitive" race of the season. I use that word loosely, for I really have no idea how other people will run. Competitive only in the sense that I will run balls to the wall. With an elevation profile and terrain similar to the Turkey and Taturs 25k, I hope to finish under 2:43, my time in that race last Fall. Based on a tempo run last weekend, I have reason to suspect that a sub- 2:30 is possible.

In contrast, my one goal for Pumpkin Holler 50k is to finish. I will start slow, slow down when I feel like it, and stop to take pictures. I haven't put in enough time on my feet to consider anything else, and that's fine. I'm thankful to have the green light to travel to Tahlequah, and I plan on savoring every minute of my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment