Saturday, May 19, 2012

An early start

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, a full hour before my alarm was set to go off. Rather than the usual effort to forestall the inevitable, I dragged my rear out of bed and drove out to Turkey in the gathering dawn. If I hurried, I could watch the sunrise from the overlook on the Ho- Chi trail. It turned out to be the best decision I've made in a long time.

I laced up my new Brook's Cascadia Sevens for their first long run. So far I am very pleased with these trail shoes.


As the sun rose over a quiet Tulsa, I realized that I need to do this more often. Who needs sleep, when you can have this?


All is still at Pepsi Lake.


Man oh man, the turtles had the run of the place this morning! Not sure if there was some kind of race going on, but I dodged over a dozen of them on the trails. This fella looks determined.


Most of them were camera shy.


After two hours of running, I returned home, ate breakfast, and headed back out the door for a run to Mod's Cafe. There I would meet my wife for Mayfest, a large arts and crafts festival in downtown Tulsa.






The fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers had a tent set up and were pouring out free samples. Given the choices, I went for the Bitter and was pleasantly surprised. A good take on the classic style.

 

13 miles total, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment