Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rock Mountain High

Hello readers! While my blogging was practically non- existent, my running has been all over the place in the last few weeks. Back on the 28th, I made a rather foolish attempt at a 5k PR in the evening heat. Surprise surprise, I was over 30 seconds behind. Time to give up on that goal until November! On the following day I had a blow up at Turkey, 2 miles in and the body shut down, as in hitting the wall. It got progressively worse when I got home. Still not sure if it was heat exhaustion or some kind of virus, but I was banned by my wiser half from running in the triple digits after that. Thankfully the temps have gone down considerably since then and I've had a couple of weeks of solid training.


We just booked a flight for a short family get away to Colorado for Labor Day weekend. Super stoked for  family, mountains, clean air and delicious brews. I'm running with a little more pep and counting the days...

Speaking of Colorado, today is the Pikes Peak Marathon, a race that has been on my bucket list for along time. Killian Jornet, Max King and a number of other elite runners (but, alas, no Matt Carpenter) are battling it out this morning to the top of that 14er and back down to Colorado Springs. Live twitter coverage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment