Sunday, January 6, 2013

The twelve days of Christmas: 10, 11...

1/3/13, day 10
9 miles

6 in the morning and 3 at night on the River trails. I abandoned my rule of no ipod on runs; what a difference the extra mental stimulation can make toward getting the job done.

1/4/13, day 11
12 miles

The big loop around the Arkansas. I've heard it said that your not really on a true adventure unless at some point its not fun anymore. Well I'm on an adventure. Sergio Leone's "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" soundrack on repeat got me through this.

1/5/13, day twelve
0 miles

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper" T.S. Elliot. Nature cares nothing of our plans. I have a cold. I can't run. 9 miles short. End of story.

But maybe next Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment